Blogging is a tough job and starting a new blog and making it an authority blog takes a lot of hard work and dedication. Bloggers do a lot of hard work on their blog. They spend long hours on a single blog post. If you are a blogger then you must be well aware of how a blogger spends his nights, working on creating content or maybe making some backlinks. Just imagine if you accidentally lose this data? What will you do?? The idea of losing our blog data itself gives us Goosebumps. No one would love to lose his precious blog content. Most of the bloggers don’t give importance to this and they suffer later on. Even I have lost my complete blog data once because of my cousin’s silly mistake. So, today in this post, we will tell you how to make a backup of your blog.
Common Scenarios Where You can Lose Your blog Data
- Your Hosting Provider may lose your Blog data and blames you for the data loss instead
- Hackers attack your website or blog and you don’t have access to your blog anymore
- You accidentally delete your WordPress installation from Cpanel.
“Wanna Avoid All This Mess??” Check out the step by step Guide Below:–
How to Create a Blog Backup: Backup WordPress Site
In this section, we will tell you how to make a complete backup of your blog with the help of wordpress plugin. The plugin that we will use here is All in One WP Migration. All in One WP Migration is one of the best plugins for WordPress Migration and Backups. You can export your complete site to a drive or can make a backup in the file format. All in One WP Migration gives you a lot of options to store your backup data. Some of the options that All-In-One-WP-Migration Plugin provides are:-
File: With this option, you can create a backup of your complete blog in the form of a file. You can store this WordPress backup file on your PC or laptop.
FTP The File Transfer Protocol is a standard network protocol used for the transfer of computer files between a client and server on a computer network. With this you can exchange the files between two computers using FTP
Google Cloud This is Google Cloud based service and you can safely store the backup of your wordpress blog on it. Your data will be safe and you can access it whenever you wish to.
Google Drive is the best place to store our files. You can store the WordPress blog backup on Google drive. Google drive is free to use and it provides upto 15Gb of free storage on your Android smartphones. When you signup on an android device then you will automatically get access to your free 15GB storage provided by Google.
MEGA is also a data storage service. MEGA app is available on Google Playstore and you can store various files on it
How to Make a WordPress Blog Backup With All-In-One WP Migration
(Step by Step Tutorial)
1. Go to the Plugins Section in Your WordPress Dashboard.
2. Click on Add New Plugin Button To install All-In-One WP Migration Plugin.
3. Install the All-In-One WP Migration Plugin on your WordPress Dashboard.
4. After the Installation click on the Activate button to activate the Plugin on your WordPress Dashboard.
5. All In One WP Migration offers you various options like Export and Backup. Click on the Backups>> Create Backup icon.
6. Select the option as how you want to save your backup. We will suggest you the file option if you want ot save the backup of WordPress directly to your computer.
7. It will start merging your complete blog data into single database file. Click on the Download button in green to download your WordPress Blog Backup data.
8. Your WordPress Blog backup will be stored on your laptop or computer with the extension .wpress
Now you can keep your files safe in your Computer or laptop and can import them whenever you wish. You can shift or migrate your WordPress blog from one hosting to another. You must be curious how to shift WordPress blog from one hosting to another. It is quite simple just follow the step by step guide to import WordPress site or backup.
How to Create a Backup of your WordPress Blog: Tutorial Video
How to Import Files on WordPress Blog
In this section, we will tell you how to import your complete blog if you shift to a new hosting or domain name. Follow the steps given below:–
1. Open the All In One WP Plugin on your WordPress Dashboard and click on the import button.
2. Click on the Import Site from ‘File’ option and locate your file on the computer or laptop. Ensure that you have a good internet connection and do not disturb the window when the files are being imported.
3. After the files are full imported you are done!
Note: All In One WP Migration Plugin allows only 500 MB of maximum upload for your WordPress Backup data files.
To increase the maximum upload file size for WordPress click on the ‘How to Increase Maximum Upload File Size in WordPress’ link under the import option.
So, this was the step by step guide to make a backup of your WordPress Blog. We explained how to create a backup of your blog. We hope now you have understood how to create a backup of your blog. Do let us know your thoughts via the comments section below. Stay Tuned with AllBuzzUpdates.
If you wish to Learn Blogging and SEO for free, you are welcome to join our Facebook Group.
Join Here:– Passionate Bloggers and SEO Experts