The activity or the process of buying and selling products over there internet it on online services us know as E-commerce. E-commerce had experienced intended growth over the last decade. The upward talented the E-commerce had seen will continue for the upcoming years even.
The E-commerce use technologies such as Mobile commerce, supply chain, electronic data interchange, and automated data collection systems. On talking about the typical E-commerce business it includes the purchase of online books, music purchase (in different forms), etc.
What are the various fields were the E-commerce has its impact?
- Impact on Markets and Retailers: The growth of E-commerce is very noticeable and the online market is expected to grow by 56% in 2015-2020. It allows the customers to overcome the geographical barriers and provides the option to purchase anytime and anywhere.
- Impact on Employment: The growth of E-commerce has also led to growth of employment due to information related services, digital products and software apps. The development of E-commerce will require highly skilled workers to manage large information and services and thus will also led to loss of employment in retail, postal and travel agency.
- Impact on Customers: It brings convince too customers as they need not physically go anywhere and just browse through the internet to but any product and especially those which are not available in nearby shops. They can easily compare prices and moreover the website provides all the information about the product which even the physically present staff in the shop cannot.
Whether you have a E-commerce business or you are planning to start, without proper strategy you cannot be successful.
What are the strategies to be followers for the successful E-commerce business?
- Setup: The biggest mistake which people make us that they hurry. To just create a website is not the work but the content should be proper which is missing in most of them. Content here means the marketing strategy, stuff like SEO, social media, paid advertising, etc. Delay the start but don’t haste and loose customers and build up wrong impression. You can just purchase a domain name and show that it’s starting soon but don’t rush into beginning it.
- Fair work: The demerit of E-commerce is undoubtedly the fact being we cannot touch, smell or sense the item we are purchasing. So, in this case being fair to the customers is important and by that it means that keep appropriate prices, proper detailed information of the product, delivery and return policy details and also a user- friendly website.
- Social Media: E-commerce and social media works hand to hand. Anyone having an E-commerce business and is missing out on the social platform is in a huge loss. The fact being almost the whole world is sitting on social platform and the best and the most beneficial thing is to attack them right there only. It can be said as the heartbeat of your business.
- Mobile friendly: It’s understood that the gadgets are going compact day by day and it’s obvious the future will be largely dependent on the mobile phones and this causes the need to have a Mobile friendly website. Not having this on mind will starting the business will take your business to loses and get it shut in three to five years.
- SEO: In the upcoming year the E-commerce business will intensify and increase to another level. Each one will try to knock down the other in the field and then the need to be on top of your SEO come in action to rank better. The content is only useful when someone is reading it.
- Large Business: Even if it’s a startup, think of it to be successful because it’s important to thing big and do big. If you think it of as a hobby just because it’s not earning you millions will not help you, tear it as a full-fledged business and then plan accordingly with utmost responsibility and care.
- Audience: The E-commerce platforms helps you reach to people worldwide but knowing the apt and the correct audience for yourself and your business is very important. Analyze the needs, nature and the shipping habits. It is important to have a follow up on the latest trends and act accordingly.
- Brand Ambassador: No one would have any problem in being the brand ambassador. Keep in touch with you customers, all them their reviews, conduct poll for different things and tag the customers on your post. One key thing is to ask them their pictures with the products and display it on your handles, this makes the customers feel loved.
So, these were the few strategies that you should keep in mind and equal follow for the success of your startup or for the growth of your business in the online competition.